Old December 20th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Philip Homburg

Default Nikon F2 photomic & nikkormat EL are pre-AI?

In article ,
Paul Furman wrote:
I'm looking at a 50mm f/1.2 MF lens but the seller wants to sell the
body also, which I wouldn't mind if I could use my G lenses on it.

Are the nikon F2 photomic and/or nikkormat EL pre-AI type bodies and
will they be able to control a G lens with no aperture ring?

No. For G lenses you need at least a body that can control the aperture.
If it is not AF, then forget about G lenses. Even if it is AF, you may
be limited to program and shutter priority modes.