Old December 20th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris Loffredo

Default Nikon F2 photomic & nikkormat EL are pre-AI?

Paul Furman wrote:
I'm looking at a 50mm f/1.2 MF lens but the seller wants to sell the
body also, which I wouldn't mind if I could use my G lenses on it.

Are the nikon F2 photomic and/or nikkormat EL pre-AI type bodies and
will they be able to control a G lens with no aperture ring?

The F2 - depending on which version of the Photomic is mounted - may or
may not be AI.

IIRC the Nikkormat EL is not AI and the EL2 is - but I'm not sure of that.

None of these classic Nikon cameras will work with a G lens (IMHO why
use such junk anyway - meaning the G lenses?).

Also, as far as I've heard, the 50 f/1.2 isn't an especially good lens
(as opposed to the Noct-Nikkor of the same aperture).