Old August 17th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
no_name

Default Nikon F Photomic question

Bill wrote:

Hello all:
I've owned this F Photomic since 1969 (!) and it's held up very well
until recently. My son used the camera and since then this situation
has arised:
Viewing through the finder is normal, but when you wind the film, the
mirror flips into the "up" position. Upon releasing the shutter, the
mirror returns down. I'll admit that I haven't used this camera in
several years....have I forgotton something or did something just go
south? Everything seems clean, smooth, etc.
TIA
Bill.

Sounds like something is backwards. Winding the film should bring the
mirror down so you can frame and focus, releasing the shutter should
cause the mirror to flip up out of the way so the image can reach the film.