Old January 26th 04, 11:03 AM
Jan T

Default Night Photography

I did some experementing lately in order to find a way to overcome the huge
contrasts in night scenes.
I underdevelopped the film by some 25% for this purpose and compensated for
the loss of film speed by overexposing by abt. 2 stops.
Have a look at the result at http://home.tiscali.be/jant/04090301_75dpi.jpg
(or http://home.tiscali.be/jant/04090301_300dpi.jpg for larger image)

Film was Tri-X Prof 320 in D-76 at IE 100 and -25% dev. time.

Good luck!

Jan

schreef in bericht ...

I am a student at Utah State University, and am doing a portfoloio on

night
photography. I have always been mezmerized by the bright lights against a
black night sky, and being able to see what things are.

I was interested in getting some ideas for good subjects for my

photographs.

I would also be grateful for any technical pointers on exposure times and
printing, to come out with clean, detailed photographs.

Thanks

Curtis M
Utah State University
Logan Utah