Old January 25th 04, 08:30 PM
Tom Phillips

Default Night Photography

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 1/25/2004 3:19 PM spake thus:

I am a student at Utah State University, and am doing a portfoloio on night
photography. I have always been mezmerized by the bright lights against a
black night sky, and being able to see what things are.

I was interested in getting some ideas for good subjects for my photographs.

I would also be grateful for any technical pointers on exposure times and
printing, to come out with clean, detailed photographs.

How about a slightly better idea of just what it is you want to take pictures
of? Streets by streetlight? Storefronts? Brightly-lit downtown districts?

So far as exposure times go, any decent light meter ought to at least get you
well within the ballpark. You do have a good tripod, don't you?

I normally get paid for tutoring. Come to think of it, tuition has already been
paid...