Old June 30th 04, 10:04 PM
Tony Spadaro

Default why isn't olympus as highly regarded as it should be?

Sorry - That's what I meant. Slip of the brain pan.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Stephen H. Westin" wrote in message
"Matt Clara" writes:

"Tony Spadaro" wrote in message
. com...
Actually the F5 is a lot more reliable than the F2 -- if it wasn't

Nikon
would be out of business. As to Nikon being more reliable than Canon,

still see Ae-1 Canons in use. The only 2 Nikkormats I've even seen are

on
friends shelves - unrepairable.

Hmm. Wouldn't the FT-b be the contemporary to the Nikkormat?

As I recall, Nikon grabbed the pro SLR market in the '60s. In the
'70s, Pentax, Canon, and Olympus decided to take them on with the
Pentax LX, Canon F-1, and Olympus OM-1. Canon eventually made it in
the market; the others didn't. I think it was basically a matter of
market timing and luck that this happened.

--
-Stephen H. Westin