Old February 4th 19, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

Default Bad sensor dust

On 04/02/2019 15.25, Savageduck wrote:
Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 03/02/2019 16.33, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

Here is an example:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...7705868008995/

The blobs at the top left are the most visible ones, but
there actually are dust blobs across the entire frame.
And apparently the photographer wasan't even aware of
the dust, as the blobs are on all or almost all images.

Yup!
The dust is very conspicuous, and is going to need some major fixing in
post. That sensor is in dire need of cleaning, and the photographer should
have taken an emergency cleaning kit with him on that trip. When you know
that you are going to be in an environment with wind, dust, and sand, there
is no excuse for not being prepared. At a minimum a lot of care should be
taken with lens changes.

That assumes he knows how to use that kit (I don't).

it's never too late to learn. read the instructions

No such instructions on mine. They say to bring the camera to the
service shop.

So they can over-charge you for what you can do at home.

Buy the cleaning tools, learn what to do, and save yourself a whole load of
cash.

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com
https://photosol.com
https://www.micro-tools.com/collections/d-slr-kits-aps-c-sensors

I'll have a look.

They run the service gratis if you go to certain sponsored events, but
they do them some three hours drive from here, and they warn that they
will do only a limited number, so no warranty of getting it done.

My idea is to go there once and see how they do it.

They start by fondling your wallet.

No, it is a free session to teach people, maybe selling cleaning kits.
None has been programmed till April yet.

--
Cheers, Carlos.