Old July 21st 13, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] Outdoor Cooking - The Duck comments

On 2013-07-20 16:03:03 -0700, George Kerby said:

On 7/20/13 4:50 PM, in article
2013072014501488124-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

On 2013-07-20 13:35:25 -0700, otter said:

On 7/19/2013 6:55 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Otter:
1: I expected nothing less than one of your local joints, but just
how much actual outdoor cooking do they do there?
2: Now you're cookin' !! Chicken, brisket, sausage, & something
unidentifiable, all looking very tempting.
3: The meat looks good, but Rudy needs to get a better supplier of
bread. That bread looks unappealing.

The cell phone probably didn't do it justice.

I forget the brand, but it is actually pretty good. Plain old white
bread, fresh and tender. Calories with no redeeming features other
than taste.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rudys-countr...bar-b-q-austin

You can gas up the car there, too.

I haven't eaten "plain old white bread" or as I call it "Killer mush"
for over 40 years now. That stuff is so riddled with preservatives it
will appear "fresh and tender" when it is 3 months old, and it has
questionable nutritional value.

...but if that is what you enjoy, go right ahead.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...alds-hamburger
-still-looking-good.html

....but looking edible after 12 years, and having the experimenter
actually eat it are two very different things. I note there was only a
smell test, with questionable results, no taste test. ;-)

Personally, when it comes to fast food burgers, my preference lies with
In-N-Out Burgers over Mickie D.

Savageduck