Old November 5th 08, 09:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
robert_manx

Default P&S Teleconverters

These off-topic control-freak comments (as are all your off-topic comments in
all threads) and the resulting replies that are coming from someone without a
spine, kneeling to your advice, are what is commonly referred to in
animal-behavior studies as "displacement activity".

Google and educate yourself.

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 22:35:58 +1300, Eric Stevens wrote:

On 5 Nov 2008 01:27:03 -0600, "Toby" wrote:

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
m...
Toby wrote:
My sentiments exactly. I am perfectly willing to be educated (I certainly
don't claim omniscience). I don't even really mind being insulted, but I
do demand some proof of the assertions this character is making. It would
be a simple matter for him to post some pics somewhere to back up his
claims. His consistent refusal to do so obviously discredits him. If he
is so frightened of people ripping off his magnificent work it would be a
simple matter to heavily edit the files in a way that would make them
unsuitable for use. He could easily overlay a thick grid, through which
the frame could still be seen.

He's nothing but an immature individual with extreme emotional issues,
who gets off on in a masturbatory way through this kind of trolling.

That's why most have ceased replying to him.

Please put your replies following what you respond to.

--
john mcwilliams

Yes, I will stop replying as well.

Though I understand the reason for your request, and I know that many people
consider top-posters to be a step down the evolutionary ladder, I sometimes
prefer to place my response at the top where it is easily visible when
reading through threads (especially if the individual messages get very
long).

There are advantages both ways, but in deference to your request I place it
this time at the bottom.

Posting at the bottom of the thread makes sense and is the
long-standing (+20yr) convention for news groups. I understand the
problem when the thread has grown so long that it is multiple
scroll-downs before you get to the bottom where the new text is, but
the way to deal with that is to delete all the _irrelevant_ rubbish at
the top and mark the fact that have done so with

--- snip --- [snip] [snippage] or something similar.

This used to matter in the old days when every line posted counted
but, even now, it matters when interminable arguments lead to threads
becoming intolerably long.

Eric Stevens