Old March 29th 04, 08:11 PM
jjs

Default The opposite of a close-up lens?

"Ralf R. Radermacher" wrote in message
I've just found out that my new camera (Noblex 150E) is short-sighted by
design. Well, they call it "hyperfocal focussing". We don't even have a
word for this nonsense in German.

WissenschaftKameraobjektiv ungenau ?

Pulled the first film through it, last weekend, and if there's anything
that really annoys me then it's landscape pictures which aren't
perfectly sharp at infinity.

"Hyperfocal" - "The prime focal spot is somewhere between here and infinity
but we won't tell you where 'here' is."

Now, given that human short-sightedness can be corrected quite
satisfactorily with glasses, is there a possibility of doing the same
with a camera and what would be the effect on the optical performance?

Actually, the current treatment is to put a patch over good bad eye. Rather
bad news for a Cyclops, eh?

No help, certainly. I look forward to intelligent responses.