Old March 29th 04, 04:16 PM
Ralf R. Radermacher

Default The opposite of a close-up lens?

I've just found out that my new camera (Noblex 150E) is short-sighted by
design. Well, they call it "hyperfocal focussing". We don't even have a
word for this nonsense in German.

Pulled the first film through it, last weekend, and if there's anything
that really annoys me then it's landscape pictures which aren't
perfectly sharp at infinity.

Now, given that human short-sightedness can be corrected quite
satisfactorily with glasses, is there a possibility of doing the same
with a camera and what would be the effect on the optical performance?

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de