Old November 28th 04, 05:40 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:13:39 +0000, Mike Brodbelt
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:35:31 -0800, TS wrote:

Any plans for digital cameras and camcorders with built-in hard drives to
ever be created?

Yes:-

http://www.jvc.com/presentations/everio/

That camera uses what the site calls "4GB MicrodriveŽ Removable
Media".
There's a drawing that seems to indicate that the Microdrive they use
is larger than a similar CFG card using a Microdrive, but there's
nothing to indicate that they are not using a standard CF/Microdrive
card, and nothing to indicate that the drawing is to scale.
The site indicates that the Microdrive is removable, and can be "set"
into a PC, but does not indicate the form factor of the removable
drive, or any specific reader to handle their particular Microdrive.
Based on this, I am concluding that they use a standard CF/Microdrive
card, and using Ad-speak to cloud the issue.

I would think the little 5GB drives similar to what's in in a Rio Carbon
or iPod Mini could work very well in a digital camera and a 40GB hard
drive from a full sized iPod would work pretty well in a camcorder. Why
are people opposed to it?

They're just slow getting there.

Mike.

--