Old February 2nd 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default canon s20 ac adapter

On 2 Feb 2006 05:34:03 -0800, wrote:

Many thanks. Yes, I have the DR-100A so I'll look around for a suitable
transformer. Are there other devices that run on a similar voltage that
might be easier to track down?

You're welcome. What kind of devices do you mean? The older
Canon S10 camera has the same power requirement but I imagine that
you were asking about something else. There are several portable
powered stereo speakers that are designed to use 4 AA batteries but
also include large, heavy transformers in the package that are
probably suitable for powering the camera. A few others (including
some made by Sony and Logitech) include smaller switching power
supplies. This might be a cost effective way to get a compatible
transformer if you also intended to get the speakers, but the cost
of just a transformer should be much lower, and they're widely
available in stores such as Radio Shack.