Old April 24th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Default How to remove diamond pattern from scanned image

On 4/24/07 8:30 AM, in article
, "tomm42"
wrote:

On Apr 24, 5:22 am, Ron Hunter wrote:
AnotherAmateur wrote:
I'm scanning old photos, and some of these photos have a very heavy
diamond pattern (please see image link).
http://www.hali.org/imageProblem.jpg
Does anyone know how I might be able to eliminate this pattern from
the image using Photoshop?
Thanks in advance!
-Jim

The problem is called 'moire pattern'. If your scanner has a
'descreening' option, turn it on. There are other approaches, but this
seems to be the simplest to use.

Not a moire but a texured paper, descreening on a coarse setting will
get rid of the pattern but at the price of less sharpness. This will
be better than any photoshop function. I second the previous post
saying I hate this paper.

Tom

It was very popular when I did weddings eons ago. The proofs were delivered
to the couple on "E" type paper to prevent this very thing (with cameras).