Old June 7th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Please, why is sky washed out?

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:22:04 -0400, Celcius wrote:
Hi everyone!

Why is the sky washed out while my wife with a point and shoot gets blue
skys?
It seems to me the sky was quite blue when I took this photo:
http://celestart.com/images/publiques/15.jpg

Any ideas? Recommendations?

The sky is over-exposed; basically, it's so bright that the camera
sensor is saturating and just sees it as "white". You needed to tell the
camera to take in less light, either by using a faster shutter speed or
by stopping down the lens. Depending on the features your camera has,
there are a variety of ways of doing that.

-dms