Old January 24th 04, 03:59 AM
Jean-David Beyer

Default Road ruts with Jobo

Brian Kosoff wrote:
I shoot large quantities of film, from 120 up to 8x10 doing it by
hand would be prohibitive. I bought a Jobo because supposedly, it
was the most even processing. What's funny is that most of the Jobo
owners that I have spoken to have similar problems with eveness. When
I asked a Jobo tech, they told me that I might need to turn my
processor 90 degrees in relationship to the earth's magentic
field!!!! Now that's what I call customer service!

Sounds more like someone with a sense of humor to me. I never have had
uniformity problems with the Jobo after getting the 2509N reels for 4x5.
I use the 2501 reels for 35mm (and I could use them for 120 or 220 if I
shot that size).

On 1/23/04 7:47 PM, in article
, "Tom Thackrey"
wrote:

On 23-Jan-2004, (Michael Scarpitti) wrote:

Mechanical agitation that is invarying inevitably will be harder
to control than manual agitation using inversion in a standard
tank. The allure of mechanization is obvious, but I process
exclusively by hand, and never have uneven development.

Gee and I thought consistancy was the objective. I didn't realize
that varying agitation was part of the creative process. ;-

/V\ Registered Machine 73926.
/( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey
http://counter.li.org
^^-^^ 10:55pm up 17 days, 10:21, 2 users, load average: 2.25, 2.16, 2.11