Old October 28th 13, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Nikon D5300 body is $850.00 in Toronto

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:25:55 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
wrote:

BobF wrote:

I didn't know that... the view is the main reason I use SLR cameras! I wish
todays cameras had the view I was used to with my old film cameras like the
Minolta F9.

Check out the Nikon D600: 100% view pentaprism finder, same 0.7x mag as the
D800. If it's anything like the F100, you'll love it.

With the D600, there's no reason whatsoever to put up with APS-C any more.

Funny thing... I own a D600!

But I don't always want to carry around $4000 worth of camera and lens... I'm
quite happy with my old D90 but it is old and the movie mode is ****. I wish the
5300 was cheaper, it seems a little pricey to me. One of my nephews has the
little 3200 I think it is and it takes really good pictures! He got it on sale
for around $400 with a kit lens.

I was looking at the small Canons as well, figuring I would only have to buy 1
lens for it just for "carry around" use. Unfortunately the Rebel line has gotten
quite expensive as well. Maybe I can get a deal on a T3i somewhere...