Old July 14th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JoeT[_2_]

Default long shutter release cable

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:37:43 -0400, Bob Salomon

wrote:
: In article ,
: "SteveB" wrote:
:
: So, I shall have to
: fabricate a mount for one, or build one. I do welding and machining
work,
: and it will be no big deal, but being able to buy ready to go
components
: will be easier than building something from scratch.
:
: Or you could just call your local camera stores and order a Kaiser
: strap-on cable release adapter. Works with any camera without a cable
: release socket.
:
: Does anyone know where I can buy a three to six foot long shutter
release
: cable?
:
: Gepe makes long cable releases. The same store that you buy the Kaiser
: adapter from can sell you a Gepe Pro cable release. The long ones are
: available with T or disk lock and in cloth, PVC or spiral steel
: sheathing.

Doesn't anybody make air release cables anymore? That used to be the
common
way of handling this problem at distances greater than a foot or two.

Bob

You mean like this?

http://tinyurl.com/3xpfye

What I don't get from the image is exactly how it attaches to the camera.
That looks like it ends in a mini plug?