Old May 31st 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default photo arranging/album software

LouisB wrote:
Have you consider Adobe's Elements?

Yes, in fact it came with my Leica D-LUX 2.

The problem I found with it is that each time I loaded a volume

What do you mean "loaded a volume"

on my
PC it insisted in trying to categorise all photos regardless of where
they were and whether or not I wanted it to. I could not find a way
to turn this feature off. I don't like software which makes
assumptions (in my case bad ones) about what users want to do.

I suspect you can turn it off take a look at:

Edit: Preferences: Files- (uncheck) Automatically Index

If you know how to control the software so it doesn't automatically
try to categorise photos and will allow me to decide manually when
and where to do it then I might think are re-installing it.

LouisB

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit