Old January 20th 18, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default How to undamage the camera?

In article , micky
wrote:

It turns out I left my beloved point & shoot camera in the trunk of my
car, from Thanksgiving day until today. I last used it half-way back
from Florida, and I've been in Baltimore, Md. where it's rained on a few
days and the temp was down to 10F at night on several days in a row.

OTOH, the trunk is dry, no condensation like in a previous car, the
carpet is dry, the cordboard boxes are like new, and the outside of the
camera, including the leaves that cover the lens, look no different than
before. A Samsung WB35F, and was in a little, partly closed woven
polyester or nylon bag.

Have I damaged the camera. Or do I need to take any precaution to avoid
damaging it now? I took it out of the car to a 70^F house.

Do I need to wait before I use it.

wait until it's room temperature and hope that the lcd didn't freeze
while it was in the car. you will probably need to recharge the
battery.