Old May 16th 12, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

David Dyer-Bennet wrote,on my timestamp of 16/05/2012 11:06 AM:

You can see grain quite clearly with moderate optical magnification; a
few tens.

No you CANNOT. Not with Tech Pan. THAT is the point. Stop changing the subject
to match your "theories": it won't work.

Are you on drugs? Since when is scanned size dependent on film ISO?
What the hell are you smoking today?

In a compressed format, including LZW-compressed TIFF, a noiser image
will compress less well, and I *think* he may have been alluding to
that.

Ah, so a scan is a compressed TIFF image? Care to translate into the Queen's
language?

The stuff we saw in 11x14 optical prints from TRI-X is what was called
"grain". That's an optical magnification of just over 10x.

NO one was talking about Tri-x. Like I said: stop evading the subject.

You're going to insist those are "grain clumps", right? I think I know
this trick. They're universally referred to as "grain" by people
describing the appearance of optical darkroom prints.

NO they are not.