Old April 30th 05, 05:05 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

"David Gintz" writes:

Obviously, I should have read the manual first - this device will only scan
35mm slides! (Or part of 126 slides.)

Or anything smaller, using the film-strip holder in the slide adapter,
possibly with some improvisation. But not anything bigger; that's set
by the optics of the unit.

I suspect you're dealing with 127 "super-slides", actually.

"David Gintz" wrote in message
Is it possible to INCREASE the size of the scanning area for the above
scanner? I've got some old slides (I think they are 126 format or
something like that) which are in 2 inch mounts just as are my 35mm
slides. The film area is higher and narrower than a 35mm slide however.
I'd like to be able to set the width and height to be the same as the
width of a 35mm slide and then crop the resultant images in Photoshop
later.

I have seen how to decrease the scanning area but not how to increase it.
(Maybe this scanner doesn't support that - I'll have to check the manual,
I guess.) How would one scan the 126 slides?

TIA

- Dave