Old August 30th 04, 02:43 AM
Jean-Paul Bataille

On the same subject, a newbie question :
what is, generally speaking, the influence of the writing speed of a
memory card, on the delay between two shots ?
As I understand, informations must be written on the card in order for
the camera to take another shot. The quantity of data depends of the
format choosen, the level of compression, etc...
For ex., on a Coolpix 5700, a RAW format weights around 7 MB, meaning
that, with the 60x generation of card, it takes less than one second
to write. And of course more with less recent cards.
This delay can be significantly annoying.
So I would like to know if it's worth buying speedier cards.
Can someone of you knowledgeable gentlemen enlighten me ?

Jean-Paul Bataille