Old May 22nd 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Allen

Default Buying digital cameras - basic vs high end camera

Scott W wrote:
On May 21, 6:37 pm, Wayne wrote:
Plenty of inexpensive P&S cameras with manual overrides and zooms
are available that take great pictures. If you are a average/casual
user it doesn't make sense to spend the extra money to purchase a
DSLR today only to become the not so latest and greatest tomorrow.
That is unless you want to impress your neighbors.
I don't believe this is true at all.

Nobody seems to have responded with the reason many of us don't buy
DSLRs: we buy what we can afford. I would love to have a DSLR with a
collection of lenses and accessories, but I get along with my S3 IS.
When medical expenses go down, gasoline goes down etc I will get a DSLR.
But in the meantime I enjoy what I have.
Allen