Old March 2nd 18, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-8
ultred ragnusen

Default How to add "Start Run snip" to bring up the screenshot SnippingTool in Windows 7,8, and 10

Char Jackson wrote:

The result is logical and completely expected: With "snip" so badly
misspelled, Snipping Tool is not in the list of results. Were you
expecting something different, or do you agree that this is logical and
completely expected? If it happened to me, I'd simply correct the
spelling and move on.

We don't disagree on the facts - we only differ on the philosophy.

You seem to be thinking that Cortana always comes up with the right answer,
which is exactly what you're looking for - but it's just not capable of
that.

For example, type in "clean disk" and one of the choices is the desired
"Disk Cleanup" tool, whose actual command is %windir%\system32\cleanmgr.exe

But you have to know enough about Cortana to know it won't give you that
answer if you enter, instead, "Clean Up System Files¡ & yet, that's the
description for the tool itself.
https://www.howtogeek.com/268667/wha...you-delete-it/

You can type all sorts of logical queries, such as "delete install files",
that won't get you what you want.

So my point is that the algorithm for what they programmed into Cortana is
capricious while the algorithm for how Start Run works is not.

You can't disagree with the facts above - so we only disagree on philosophy
of the utility of what is essentially a randomly generated answer from
Cortana that works only if you already know the answer, versus an explicit
answer from Start Run that only works if you already know the answer.