Old October 9th 09, 08:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

Default Fast and slow SD Cards

dave wrote:
I was going to get a spare SD Card for a recorder and the tech
support guy said to get one which was under 2GB and not high speed.

Maybe he meant, "Don't get a High Capacity card".
That would, of course be a SDHC, which may not in fact, be compatible
with your recorder.
As far as speed is concerned, high speed cards are really nice for
downloading images to your computer.
Most manufacturers don't advertise the card's speed but some do.
My SD cards that are rated at 150X do a very good job.
I have recently seen a SDHC card rated as 300X, but I have not used it.
Bob Williams