Old October 8th 09, 09:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

Default Fast and slow SD Cards

dave wrote:
I was going to get a spare SD Card for a recorder and the tech
support guy said to get one which was under 2GB and not high speed.

I can understand the recorder may not support SDHC and won't
recognise a 2GB+ card.

But what is that about not using a fast SD Card. Surely my recorder
ought to work whatever the speed of the SD memory card?

Was he talking crap?

May he's just saying that investing in really fast cards isn't going to
help much. A recorder (sound? camcorder?) has a fixed write rate so when
recording you don't need a card much faster than that.

Having a fast card can however be a good thing when transferring the
files to a computer.

--
Bertrand