Old August 19th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor

Default If?

irwell wrote:
If you are in the market today for a
ZLR, what would your pick be?

I am inclined to the sony H5
at this moment.

I would pick whichever camera best met my photographic needs. At the time
I bought, that was the Panasonic FZ5 as it had a long zoom (36 - 432mm),
image stabilisation, a Leica lens producing excellent images, and was very
light (about 300 grams). I would not have bought a memory-stick camera.
I rejected a Canon S2 IS after handling one in the shop - it didn't suit
me - although at the time the CF cards and AA batteries would have fitted
in better with my other cameras.

Today I would look closely at the Panasonic FZ7, although I would be
envious of a wider wide-angle end (say 28mm versus 36mm), and of a swivel
LCD.

But what do you want from the camera - what kind of photos do you wish to
take?

David