Old April 18th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Panasonic FZ30

On 14/04/2006 22:23 Daniel Silevitch wrote:

For the last couple years, Panasonic has been announcing their latest
high-end superzooms in the early summer, availability in the early fall.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it complicates things a little!

I'm going on Safari in Kenya in June and was thinking of changing my
Fuji Finepix S602Z for the Panasonic to get the 12x zoom rather than the
Fuji's 6x. Image stabilisation and the quicker startup were/are also a
consideration (ideally I would like something like the EOS350D but I
doubt I could afford the equivalent of the 12x zoom for it!).

I'm hesitating about changing after seeing conflicting comments about
the Panasonic's images being noisy above ISO 80. Anyone got any views on
how it compares with the Fuji in this area? If it is an issue with the
FZ30 I'd hate to get one now only to find it's fixed in the next model
in only a few months. OTH, I'd hate to miss a decent photograph with the
lesser lens and system...

TIA.

--
Frank