Old November 7th 04, 04:46 PM
DL

Default N65 or N75 - bulb and matrix metering questions

I'm a Nikon user who needs a light compact camera for backpacking. I'm
considering a N75 or N65 but have two questions. I sometimes like to take
long-exposure night-time photos of star trails that sometimes last one
hour. Does either camera support remote camera releases that allow
exposures longer than 30 seconds? Nikon says that the cameras support
"time" but is that the same as "bulb" and what accessory activates that? I
don't see an attachment for a cable release.

My autofocus lenses are pre-"D" AF models. Will Matrix metering work with
those lenses? Online pages suggest that matrix metering works with AF-D and
AF-G. I don't want to be stuck using center-weighted metering with my older
AF lenses.

Thanks.