Old August 27th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
pluto

Default conversion of film slr to dig slr

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:39:44 -0400, Alan Browne
in this message

from
subject as: conversion of
film slr to dig slr:
wrote/and/or quoted:

Alan Browne wrote:

In groups such as rpe.35mm this was discussed a lot in the early decade
and there was some excitement over a device that looked like a 135 film
cassette with a blade going over the exposure area that contained the
sensor. Elegant idea that never came to fruition.

Ah here it is...

http://www.epi-centre.com/reports/imagek.html

ahhh
thanks Alan et al for the contributions
i was asleep when this group came up with bursts of responses --- thanks amigo
if this ny company takes and is still taking 20 years to do something about the
conversion, then the technicality is "enormous"
i think it is a case of "planned strategy" of the digital brotherhoods
i am still hoping to get my hands on one workable cassete to try out on my
nikons
it would be a great pity if my armory of nikkor lenses go to waste when the
silver halide films are long gone not to mention the developing and printing of
it.
i am keeping my fingers crossed ;-))

thanks again all the good perople of rec.photo.equiment.medium-format for the
quick response.

caveat fair use notice: