Old January 21st 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
DaveC[_4_]

Default Olympus camera overexposes

Olympus FE-20
- - -
Are the pictures pale-looking even when you upload them to a computer?

Has the camera previously produced acceptable pictures?

Is the battery OK?

Could be a fault in the exposure meter or in the 'firmware'.

Wouldn't these faults be evident in the "viewfinder" mode (before taking the
exposure)? When I aim the camera at light and dark subjects the camera
compensates by "irising" up and down to give what looks to be a
properly-exposed "preview" display. Only when the image is captured is it
overexposed.

Images downloaded and viewed on the computer are overexposed, identical to
when viewed on the camera's display.

This is a new-to-me camera (used) so I don't know the history.

Battery icon is green (fully charged).

It doesn't matter whether flash is on or off.

Ideas?