Old February 2nd 04, 11:20 AM
?

Default Color Printing Hassles?

John said

"Experience. A really nasty teacher."

I can't agree more. But it is the most effective.

My daughter was selling some of her stuff at a flea market and a guy came
along that was known to most of us. He bought something that they had
agreed was worth $14. I watched him carefully as he cheated her out of a
couple dollars as another customer took her attention.

After that second customer left, I asked her how much she got for the
necklace; she said $14. I told her to count her cash: $12. I then
explained to her what had happened. She looked at me with amazed anger (the
kind of look that usually takes a couple years of marriage for a woman to
master) and asked why I had not told her.

My response: "Because you would have learned nothing".

Dewey Clark http://www.historictimekeepers.com
Ebay Sales:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...ems&userid=dsc
Restorations, Parts for Hamilton M21s, Products for Craftsmen
Makers of Historic Timekeepers Ultrasonic Clock Cleaning Solution

"John" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:25:26 GMT, "Norman Worth"
wrote:

The biggest hassle is making your first good print - getting the

filtration
and exposure correct for a typical negative. That drives eveyone up the
wall. Once the primary exposure and filtration for you film, paper, and
processing conditions is determined, other negatives will differ only
sightly, if at all.

I can't entirely agree. Oh the first prints can certainly be a
challenge but for me the biggest challenge was in the minute changes
from batch to batch in the films, paper and the processing. If one is
starting a project which needs color consistency throughout then I
suggest making the first 5 prints and allowing them to dry and be
viewed outside the darkroom prior to continuing the project. Nothing
like printing out 40~80 prints and finding that they are needed -5cc
magenta. Experience. A really nasty teacher.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email