Old January 17th 19, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest (waiting for specific offering)

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have never argued that "there is more information in 14 bits than
there is in 14 bits". As you say, there can't be. What I have said
from the beginning is that an analog signal of _any_dynamic_range_ can
be coded in 14 bits. There is no reqirement imposed on the DR of the
source device.

yep, that is indeed what you've said.

the problem is that it's incorrect, something which several people have
told you and you stubbornly refuse to learn why.

I have said this in so many ways so many times that I'm not going to
try and repeat it any more.

unfortunately, you still believe it.

you haven't learned anything.