Old January 11th 19, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest (waiting for specific offering)

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

You are still missing the point: lens aperture, shutter speeds or ISOs
are not identical to stops.

At this point my old physics professor would ask for dimensional analysis.
What's the dimensional analysis of "EV" vs "stop" ?

Aah! Some common sense.

Lets have some definitions.

good idea, assuming they're correct.

Stop is an abreviation of a name for the
aperture of the lens opening. It may be the f-stop or a T-stop (or an
H-Stop.)

bad idea, when they're wrong.

f/stop, stop and aperture are different.

The fstop is [Image distance]/lens aperture.

also wrong. f/stop = focal length/aperture.