Old January 11th 19, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest (waiting for specific offering)

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

It might be commonly referred to as a stop but that is just plain
sloppy usage.

it's not sloppy at all. in fact, it's exactly correct.

On that basis you might as well call the shutter speed a
stop or even the ISO a stop.

the *difference* is called a stop, aka 'interval on the photographic
exposure scale':
Exposure value is also used to indicate an interval on the
photographic exposure scale, with a difference of 1 EV corresponding
to a standard power-of-2 exposure step, commonly referred to as a
stop.

iso 800 is one stop more sensitive than iso 400.
1/250th is one stop less light than 1/125th.
f/4 is one stop more light than f/5.6.

Assuming noting else changes.

it doesn't matter what else changes. they're independent statements.

I initially mentioned this topic in passing when I referred to sloppy
writing. I didn't call for examples.

unfortunately for you, examples were provided and they show that you
don't understand it.

That's the problem with sloppy writing: people frequently don't
understand it.

your lack of understanding is not due to sloppy writing.