Old October 25th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default G-Claron single cell use

In article ,
Jean-David Beyer wrote:

He presumably makes a corrector lens that has zero power but all the same
distortions so that it corrects a single cell. I ordered one when he first
announced it over 10 years ago, but he is yet to ship me one, so I cannot
say how well it works.

Didn't he in fact run his company out of business by taking prepayments
and deposits for work that wasn't, in fact, ever done? I tried off and
on for several years to get a replacement back (graflok style) for my 4x5
trad and wondered why he wasn't responding to my inquiries but now I feel
lucky he didn't -- since I took the camera in to L&R for repairs a few
weeks ago and discovered there were no spare parts available (luckily
I didn't need any) I've talked to several other people who were persistent
enough to get in touch with Ron over the past few years and, if they ordered
anything, ended up wishing they hadn't...

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky