Old August 2nd 04, 02:59 PM
Petros

Default Difficult subject

Francis A. Miniter posted:
Petros wrote:

Well... I'll be using two cameras. One is a duck Sigma SD9

Ouch! Digital. I'm wounded.

Don't take it personally, I also used to paint with oils and
watercolor, and built most of my furniture out of hardwood, but I live
in a different reality now

and the
other is a duck again 35mm slr.

Favor the 35 mm slr. See if you can rent or borrow a second
body for the day.

The Sigma is mine, the 35mm belongs
to the bride. I'm not doing this for money, but as a favor to the
bride. As for medium format, the costs are too high here in Poland for
such luxuries

Too late for the wedding but you might look into a Russian
Lubitel. A low cost and basic TLR. There is also the
Chinese made Seagull.

I actually have an old rolliflex, which just needs some cleaning, but
it's the film that costs too much here. 108 frames for $6 (bride's
choice) vs. 12 frames for $10, plus waiting two weeks to get it
developed...

For most of the graphic work that I do, the digital is the best option,
as it saves me many hours of scanning and transfer and money spent on
developing film and driving back and forth to the photo store. No
turning back now!

--
Petros
Ap' ola prin ipirche o Logos