Old February 2nd 05, 06:06 PM
David J Taylor

Bill Tuthill wrote:
[]
Am I missing something? Is there a compact digicam that produces even
remotely acceptable results at ISO 800-1600? I'm tired of blurry
pictures from camera shake and subject movement.

For the highest sensitivity, you need the largest area sensor, which means
a DSLR, and a fast lens helps, of course. You can set higher ISOs on
compact cameras, but likely you will need a noise reduction program to get
acceptable results. Of course, you could always take the (today
unfashionable) that noise adds character to the image....

Cheers,
David