Old August 21st 15, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitris

Default some photos from the army...

On 20/8/2015 6:58 μμ, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 08:33:57 UTC+1, Jack Ryan wrote:
In article
Tzortzakakis Dimitris wrote:

.... The most
intimidating weapon we had was the .50 BMG, for which ball rounds were
forbidden by international treatiesm so all we had was
ArmorPiercingIncendiary tracer rounds. ....

There's a treaty that outlaws .50 cal ball ammo?

http://smartgunlaws.org/fifty-calibe...olicy-summary/

What treaty is
this? Why would a solid shot, which follows the Geneva Convention
for such rounds, be outlawed? It's just a bigger version of the
standard rifle ammo. It certainly hits harder, but hitting hard is
allowed in a war.

but chemical weapons are banned aren't they.

yep, that's what I was said, anyway. We had some leftover ball ammo from
WWII, and I asked the 2nd in command (not the commander) a major, sir do
you think that the gunpowder in these ammo is still ok, and he answered,
if i shot you with the API you will die, if I shoot you with the ball
you'll die anyway, so why would you care anyway. The API is normally
used against other armored vehicles, it's depleted uranium which is
pyroforic, so it would pierce the armor, and set in fire the ammo inside
the enemy tank, and as mentioned, would kill anyway whoever had the
misfortune on being on the business end of the gun. BTW, the BMG needs
synchronising, like all machine guns, with the fire and no-fire, because
the cartridge contains enough gunpowder to blow the machine and yourself
to kingdom come.