Old August 20th 15, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default This Morning's Breakfast Crowd

On 2015-08-20 00:41:45 +0000, George Kerby said:

Quite the crowd! Is it like this every summer, or is it because of all of
the forest fires and drought in CA?

I believe the drought is the major factor, there is much less in terms
of flower nectar sources and I am also getting a fair number of bees at
the feeders. It has pretty much been crowded for the last 30 months,
Summer & Winter with peaks into July-August. I have been going through
10 Lbs of sugar/week when the traffic was low to normal, up to 30 Lbs of
sugar/week at the current rate.

It is kind of silly as I don't use sugar for myself.

Anyway, I have pulled this mp4 from Dropbox and moved it to Adobe CC.
http://adobe.ly/1LllBgc

Nice! I have only three feeders, and go through gallons a week. (mixed
at 4:1) What ratio do you use?

Yup! Gallons a week is putting it mildly. I am goin g through gallons
per day!! My mob must be true sugar junkies even at 4:1 and all have a
diabetic future.

Sometimes they're so thick they remind me of mosquitos.

The humming noise can be quite intense, along with all the frantic
chirping. They have become so used to me that they will fly down and
start feeding while I am carrying a refilled feeder back to hang up.

Savageduck