Old March 28th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Default Micro / Macro question?

I need to photograph small objects at a distance of 2-4 inches (5-10 cm) from
the lens. I want a magnification of ~50 to 100.

Photomicrography (using microscopes) is limited in the working distance from
the objective; it needs to be 1 inch. Photomacrography is limited in the
magnification; typically 10.

I'd like a solution that terminates with filter threads (any size can be
adapted) so I may attach a digicam.

Suggestions?

If there is a better forum in which to ask this question, just point the
way...

Thanks.
--
Dr. Leonard. H. McCoy
"I'm a *doctor*, Jim, not a *magician*!"