Old April 12th 07, 07:31 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
David G. Nagel

Default Hybrid Batteries

ray wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 06:16:04 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

ray wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 04:20:48 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

ray wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:18:34 +0000, Dave Cohen wrote:

ray wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:44:01 -0700, ~~NoMad~~ wrote:

Greetings!

I've been using Rayovac Hybrid NiMh 2100Mah batteries for a
couple of months now. These are the ones that come fully charged
in the package when you buy them. They claim to have 4 times
less leakage than typical NiMh batteries. Previously I had been
using Energizer 2500Mah batteries that seem to leak down pretty
fast when not in use.

I use my batteries almost everyday and always carry a spare
freshly charged set. I usually wear out a set of Energizers in
two weeks to a month. When I change to the spare set it seems
that the previously charged batteries have leaked considerable
charge. This is not the case with the new Hybrid batteries.

I find that even though the Hybrids are rated at lower capacity
than the Energizers the Hybrids actually last longer in my usage
situation.

Now all we need is higher capacity Hybrids!

NM
Or Li-Ion

The subject is rechargeable AA's. I've been using a set of Sanyo
Eneloops since last September, only charged once. These are
excellent. Hybrid type are licensed from Sanyo but their rating is
not same. Eneloop claim to keep 85% of their charge for a year,
Hybrid 3 months. I think either way this is much better than other
NiMH's. Hybrids costs less in Walmart, haven't seen them selling
Eneloop, got mine for Ritz. Dave Cohen
I hope you'll forgive me for being such an idiot. I read the OP
eight times and I did not see AA in there once.

That is what the batteries mentioned by the OP ARE. You might read
up on the subject so you can follow the discussion.
DAMN. I just reread the OP five more times and I still don't see it.

Please enlighten us as to the availability of a "Rayovac Hybrid NiMh
2100Mah" or "Energizer 2500Mah" battery that can be used in some manner
in conjunction with a digital camera or a GPS and is _not_ an AA
battery.

--

Well, the rayovac website indicates that they currently have hybrid in AA
and AAA. Am I correct in thinking that AAA is not AA?

You are correct. The American Automobile Association is not Alcoholics
Anonymous, oh wait you mean battery sizes. Yes AAA batteries are not AA
batteries. AAA batteries are smaller and have less capacity.

Dave N