Old April 12th 07, 04:49 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
ray

Default Hybrid Batteries

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 02:40:49 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

ray wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 04:20:48 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

ray wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:18:34 +0000, Dave Cohen wrote:

ray wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:44:01 -0700, ~~NoMad~~ wrote:

Greetings!

I've been using Rayovac Hybrid NiMh 2100Mah batteries for a couple of months
now. These are the ones that come fully charged in the package when you buy
them. They claim to have 4 times less leakage than typical NiMh batteries.
Previously I had been using Energizer 2500Mah batteries that seem to leak
down pretty fast when not in use.

I use my batteries almost everyday and always carry a spare freshly charged
set. I usually wear out a set of Energizers in two weeks to a month. When I
change to the spare set it seems that the previously charged batteries have
leaked considerable charge. This is not the case with the new Hybrid
batteries.

I find that even though the Hybrids are rated at lower capacity than the
Energizers the Hybrids actually last longer in my usage situation.

Now all we need is higher capacity Hybrids!

NM
Or Li-Ion

The subject is rechargeable AA's. I've been using a set of Sanyo
Eneloops since last September, only charged once. These are excellent.
Hybrid type are licensed from Sanyo but their rating is not same.
Eneloop claim to keep 85% of their charge for a year, Hybrid 3 months. I
think either way this is much better than other NiMH's. Hybrids costs
less in Walmart, haven't seen them selling Eneloop, got mine for Ritz.
Dave Cohen
I hope you'll forgive me for being such an idiot. I read the OP eight
times and I did not see AA in there once.

That is what the batteries mentioned by the OP ARE. You might read up
on the subject so you can follow the discussion.

DAMN. I just reread the OP five more times and I still don't see it.

It's right there in the first line. He names the batteries, and they
ARE AA batteries, which you would KNOW if you read up on the subject.

Except, of course, that the rayovac web site indicates that their hybrid
batteries are available in AA and AAA which you would KNOW if you read up
on the subject.