Old April 12th 07, 01:12 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
Don B[_2_]

Default Hybrid Batteries

Jack Erbes wrote:
~~NoMad~~ wrote:

Greetings!

I've been using Rayovac Hybrid NiMh 2100Mah batteries for a couple of
months now. These are the ones that come fully charged in the package
when you buy them. They claim to have 4 times less leakage than
typical NiMh batteries. Previously I had been using Energizer 2500Mah
batteries that seem to leak down pretty fast when not in use.

I use my batteries almost everyday and always carry a spare freshly
charged set. I usually wear out a set of Energizers in two weeks to a
month. When I change to the spare set it seems that the previously
charged batteries have leaked considerable charge. This is not the
case with the new Hybrid batteries.

I find that even though the Hybrids are rated at lower capacity than
the Energizers the Hybrids actually last longer in my usage situation.

Now all we need is higher capacity Hybrids!

NM

It might be that you need a better battery charger. I recently bought
eight NiMH AA cells (four Duracell, four Maha Powerex) and as I started
to use them I realized that the mainstream chargers are not very good.

I bought a Maha C9000 for about $50 on eBay, used that to condition the
new batteries and analyze and recharge two pairs that had had some prior
use but did not seem to have much capacity.

The Maha MH-C801D and the Maha MH-C777PLUS-II are also nice chargers.