Old September 28th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wilba[_3_]

Default Viewing Images on Computer Screen

Gordo wrote:

I have a Nikon D80. OS is both Vista and XP, all updates installed. I
would like to connect the camera to a computer via the USB cable and view
the image the camera is viewing on the computer screen in real time. Can
this be done? And if so, what should I do. I should mention that the
computer would also be connected to a projecter to show to a class of new
digital camera users.

The Canons with LiveView (e.g. 450D, 500D, 40D, 50D, 7D) all do exactly what
you want using the supplied remote control software.