Old September 5th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
just bob

Default FA: Canon EOS 5D

"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
Mark wrote:
http://snipr.com/CanonEOS5D

I have no interest in purchasing a canon eos5d. I would love to use one
for a while, but my photographic interests could never justify such a
purchase.

A year ago when the double-rebates were on I had a 5D for a while but sold
on ebay it as it was not going to replace my 1D (a used 1D2N did that, for
the same price) and the lack of a pop-up flash didn't make it a good general
use walk-around camera (my old 300D does that OK). However, IMO, the IQ on
the 5D was bettered only by the 1D3 or 1Ds2 so I wouldn't mind having one
for occasional use if the price was say $1000. Of course for the studio pro
who can't justify a 1Ds2 and/or doesn't need the build-quality of a 1-series
body, it is the best available camera, even for a lot of people with Nikon
glass.