Old January 21st 07, 07:57 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
[email protected]

Default Epson 3800 and HP Z3100 printer reviews

Off topic.

Douglas wrote:
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/Galle...20(Small).html
: (How could a 250Kb jpg be that bad??? And did he really focus on the
: tree?)
:
: Wow... -Nothing like taking your subjects out in WHITE t-shirts...under
: MID-DAY SUN(!!!)
: That's about as poorly-planned as it gets...
:
:
: --
Here you go again, pathetic moron... Tell me which professional photographer
you know who does not deliberately post such pics to prevent the client (or
fools like you) downloading his/her quality images without paying?

All of them.

It's only Douglas that believes:
- anyone is even remotely interested in downloading and using dead-set
boring and poorly executed family portraits
- that you can somehow usefully enlarge an image that is only .. wait
for it.. 640 x 430 pixels. To Douglas of course, that would easily
enlarge to 36" x 24", with 'added detail' from his magical, still
untested algorithm.
(see at the bottom of this page:
http://hannemyr.com/photo/interpolation.html)
- that he can best display his work by deliberately (haha!) damaging
it.

Somehow, I'm more inclined to believe it is more about lack of
experience. Example, here, he uses a fairly good jpg as his title
image (at top of page).
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/example-index.htm

Yet here - ON HIS TITLE PAGE!!!, he uses a GIF version (!!!), with
dithering, blown highlights, etc.
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/

?????
Yes, he's fiendishly clever, is Douglas.

Somehow you seem to think I should post my proofs without compression and in
final edit form so it conforms to your idea of perfect.

'Final edit form' is 640 x 430 pixels, is it? I'd choose slightly
higher resolution originals, if I was him...

Unlike you, I have a
vested interest in NOT posting final edit images.

Yep, because Sooo Many people would want to take those gooooorgeous
images and use them as their desktop wallpapers, or sell them on the
black market... (O:

When you actually do grow up. You'll get to understand that not all English
is spelt in the American mangled version of the language and pointing out
spelling mistakes (one of your other moronic traits) is pretty obnoxious
stuff, just as attempting to belittle someone who derives a living from an
industry you don't have the balls to be in.

(rant snipped)

As usual, he attacks the person rather than the facts.

Anyway, I'm off comet chasing!! Bye.