Old November 2nd 05, 05:29 PM

Default Dust on sensor?

Dust is a big concern with digital SLR's but after reading the procedure for
properly cleaning them at http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/image/15473243 I
am less concerned about getting dust on the sensor. This page describes a
very thorough way to clean the CCD without doing any damage. The bulbs that
blow air around don't seem like a good solution to me for several reasons as
this web page states. It is worth a read for sure.

Chris

"phk" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been reluctant to switch to DSLR because of the potential problems
with dirty sensors caused by the ability to remove the lens.

Is this a real problem with DSLRs, or not as bad as it seems. It
appears that Canon recommends use of a hand-held blower for dust
removal, but I wonder whether that actually works. Dust is often
tenacious and bonds itself to surfaces in ways that are resistant to
simple blowing. Maybe the best example is my eyeglasses. Once they
get dusty, only windex will clean them thoroughly.