Old November 3rd 04, 03:13 PM
Zed Rafi

Why not stick with Minolta? I'm not familiar enough with their older stuff
to know whether your lenses would work with a newish Dynax, but I suspect
they might.

maybe, but i my lenses are Manual focus... i want to switch to manual
focus...

beg please don't become one of the hordes who believe that the only

decent
camera's are made by Nikon or Canon /beg

No, don't worry. I'm actually quite sad i have to depart from Minolta. It's
just that the Nikon F80 has been so popular, that there are so many for sale
on the used market, especailly from people who switched to Digi Nikons, and
i can get one barely used for a fraction of the price.

My questions relates to the choice of lenses i would like to get. On

eBay
(which is for sure the place i'm going to purchase all this stuff), I

was
thinking of getting myself the following set:
- 28-100 mm Nikkor + 70-300 mm Nikkor (see

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...9833 536&rd=1
to see what lenses i'm talking about)
- 17-35 mm Sigma f/2.8-4 (i'm pretty sure about this one)

How to choose my 28-80 or -100 and 70-300 mm lens??? Are the above

lenses
any good?
I've been warned to stay away from kit lenses. Are these kit lenses?

There's nothing wrong with kit lenses, it's just that you can get better
lenses.

Any thoughs on the 17-35? I've seen amazing photos taken with this

camera.

I just want something to supplant my old MF equipment, with lenses that
yield equal or better results than my actual MF lenses, and that will
eventually be transferrable to digital equipment.

Any thoughts?
Thanks